Looking for a last-minute Christmas gift for gardeners in your family? Look no further than our recommendations for you to pick up straight away and get your Christmas shopping all done. Sometimes it can seem like an endless task with the need to come up with thoughtful, easy to buy and environmentally friendly options for family and friends to enjoy. Thankfully gardeners generally like any gift with plants, so the options are many, from subscription boxes to tools and clothing to seeds. If it’s getting close to Christmas and you are wondering what to get, we’ve got some ideas for you below.
- Box of seeds
- Winter shrubs
- Propagation accessories
1. A great last-minute Christmas gift for gardeners is a seedbox
You will find some available that are already boxed up in a decorative seedbox which is a great quick pick up Christmas present and easy to wrap. For any gardener, receiving new seeds as a gift is always a pleasure, and Christmas is a great time of year to gift them, ready for sowing in spring. If you can’t find a pre-packed seedbox, you can pick up seed packets perfect for the recipient and then a nice tin or box to pop them in.
2. Plants subscriptions are an option for a last-minute Christmas gift for gardeners
If it’s very last minute and you have no time to get out to the shops, a plant subscription is a perfect idea! Many places give many options:
- individual houseplants delivered once a month for a period of your choosing,
- plant care, including repotting your houseplants and caring for your green friends,
- a gift box that might also include chocolate or other goodies.
Look out for fantastic subscriptions to give as a gift this Christmas. Many gardeners like a present that has to do anything with plants.
3. Last-minute Christmas gift for gardeners includes winter shrubs
In fact, any shrubs! A winter shrub in full leaf and maybe even flower can be a lovely instant impact gift or bare-root plants since now is the time to be planting. Viburnum, Skimmia, Mahonia and Daphne are all good options. Wrap the container with a big Christmas bow!
4. Propagation accessories are an easy last-minute Christmas gift for gardeners
It can be helpful to have propagation tools and accessories when sowing seeds. Gardeners will love to receive propagation kits, including a seed tray and propagation lid with a vent on top, plus a dibber and labels for seed sowing.
5. The easiest last-minute Christmas gift for gardeners
This has to be a houseplant! The options are endless, from plants in pots to pre-planted displays. You could even plant a pot up yourself and wrap it up with Christmas paper. From big, bold Monstera to pretty flowering Christmas Cactus. Here's a small list of pretty houseplants that any gardener will love:
- Spider plant
- Philodendron xanadu
- Pilea peperomioides